30 Hours Free childcare for working Families

From September 2017, three and four-year-olds of working parents in England will be entitled to an additional 570 hours per year, meaning these families will be able to claim up to 1,140 hours of free early education and childcare per year.

You may have heard this being talked about as “30 hours free childcare”. Three and four-year-olds in eligible working families will get an additional 15 hours free childcare, equalling 30 hours free per week over 38 weeks of the year (term-time) or approximately 22 hours per week each week of the year30HoursFreeChildcareLogo

please click the button below to see if you are entitled to 30 hours free childcare

If you are eligible then please contact Nick or Andrea via phone or email.

Supporting two year old childcare funding 

At Apricot Nursery, Peterborough we support two year old funding, you can click on the button below to see if you are entitled to two year old funding.
You are more than welcome to come and have a look around Apricot Nursery in Orton. We have an open door policy, so you are more than welcome to come and see the nursery at any time.

Apricot Nursery can support you with your forms if required, please feel free to ask us for support.

Three and Four Year Old Childcare Funding

We can apply for this on your behalf at the setting.  You are welcome to come to our nursery to have a look around and ask any questions you may have. We can supply you with an information pack to sign your child up at your visit.

if you have already been to the setting and want to sign your child up for funded hours, you can download the nursery forms below and bring them into the setting and we can arrange the next steps.


Your child is entitled to the funding the term after their third birthday. Their birthday must fall before the cut-off date in order to receive the funding the following term. These dates are:

31st August for the September – December term

31st December for the January – April term

31st March for the May – August term

How to claim childcare funding

For three and four year olds, we claim this on your behalf. You will be required to complete a form with your child’s personal details and we will need to see a copy of your child’s birth certificate.